UPDATED TENTATIVE OPENING DAY
Well, the dreaded pre-season drought that seems to come along every 3-4 years, is once again creating a challenge to our opening day plans! Based on current forecasts, we have moved our tentative opening day to Friday the 10th. While we have decent snow cover on most of the mountain, the dry temperate days that are in the forecast for the rest of this week will play havoc with lift loading areas. The good news is that the longer-range forecast (educated guess!) is indicating a change that should bring in some much-needed snow during the middle of next week, allowing us to prepare the thinner areas at the lower parts of the mountain including lift loading areas. Our grooming team has worked diligently over the past month, packing and preserving the snow we received, resulting in a stable base to work from. During this time our “snowmaking crew” was also busy hauling snow from the parking lots to the load areas of the Buckeye Platter, 10th Mountain Double and EZ Street Carpet, as well as along the entire length of the South side of the Carpet. As a result of these efforts, when the snow arrives, it should only take a day or two to have things in shape for opening.
Have faith. As Tim Kerrigan once told me told me during a dry Fall a number of years back, “don’t worry, when the snow does start, it will be here until May or June”! He was right, so I guess patience is the word of the day!
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow………PLEASE!
Stay tuned – more to come.
Ski Cooper CEO